Il Bisonte Crossbody Briefcase Natural
This product features;
- Exterior: Vegetable tanned cowhide
- Interior: Canvas lined
- Main flap closure with dual tab closures
- 2 main compartment, the smaller featuring a tab fastening
- One large interior zip pocket
- One interior slip pocket with snap closure
- One slip pocket located on the back with snap closure
- Brass hardware
- 2 lateral buckles to adjust its width
- Leather top handle
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap
Handmade in Florence.
In our experience of over 30 years, an Il Bisonte customer becomes an Il Bisonte fan for life. These are products with character, authenticity, integrity, and we love that every piece is still made by this family of Florentine artisans. We hope you enjoy your new Il Bisonte.
Wanny Di Filippo established Il Bisonte in 1970, an artisan workshop in the heart of Florence in the historical Palazzo Corsini, making leather handbags, travel bags, briefcases, belts and accessories. The signature Il Bisonte leather is the finest "vacchetta": a natural vegetable tanned cowhide, which develops a beautiful aged patina with time, light, and handling. Hunt Leather introduced Il Bisonte to Australia in 1980 and we still visit the showroom in Florence every year to buy from Wanny di Filippo’s new collections, which are made to order in the Il Bisonte factory just outside the city.
Care and Use
- Oil or grease (including from food) - note that this applies to all full-grain leathers.
- Dark denim, which can rub off onto light-coloured bags.
- Pen marks cannot be removed but do try immediately with an eraser.
- If your new Il Bisonte bag gets water on it, such as rain, just wipe off quickly.
Natural leather - these timeless pieces are made of the finest "vacchetta" leather: “a natural vegetable tanned cow-hide which has the unique feature of becoming more and more attractive by the patina that time and sunlight confer on top” - that is, it darkens to a rich tan. The wallets and small leathergoods even more so! Please note that it does get “dirty” at first and is susceptible to water spotting, in early days in particular. As the piece ages, spots and marks tend to disappear into the burnished patina. The “tanning” process can be hastened by exposing the leather to sunlight. Don’t apply creams or sprays in the early days; it is almost impossible to do so without blotching the surface as it is unevenly absorbed.
Black and Moka - No special care is required, the leather just softens and develops a lovely sheen.
Red - Note that it doesn’t darken dramatically but is still made by a natural tanning process, so it will stain and get water-marked just like the natural. The smaller pieces will darken noticeably. Again, beware pen, oil or grease, and dark denim.
Other colours - Il Bisonte introduces seasonal colours and collections each year. Generally, no special care is required. Please call us if you have any concerns or questions.